Montag, 27. Juni 2011

Special post for Michael Lim

Ok, I ripped off Funk Firm's mighty Vector Drive. But as stuff like this is common knowledge for engineers I still can sleep at night. I wrote some place else that my turntable wasn't built for looks and this pictures are proof. Whereever precision was needed I did my best to achieve it. my measuring devices are in the 1/100 mm range and I used them a lot.


For best results mount the motor pulleys so that their outer contact points to the belt are in the exact same distace to each other.


The extra pulleys are bearings with ceramic balls. The seals on the inside are removed, two bearings stacked on a screw, a slim washer is added so the nut doesn't rub against the bearing and the whole thing mounted on the plinth.
I can't comment on any improvements in sound quality because this turntable was built like this from the start. But I can tell you it doesn't sound bad at all.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen