Montag, 6. Juni 2011

DIY Turntable project

I love things that turn. Tables, turntables, bicycle wheels, machining tools, bolts, lathes and vinyl records being the most important for me. A while ago I started machining my own turntable, borrowing (or "stealing"....) some ideas from other manufacturers and incorporating ideas and principals from machine tools. Especially machine tools try to fight the same problems as turntables and it's worth looking in that direction.
Although I could, I didn't build all the parts for the turntable myself because in some instances I would have ended up with a lot of costs for tooling and raw materials and a shoddy end product. Not a good combination. Tonarm will be a Stax UA-70, system a Nagaoka MP-300 and some bits and pieces were bought from Isokinetik and Michael Lim.
First there's just a bunch of photos I will comment when I feel like it and/or get some responses with questions. Hang on...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen